Take action to provide shelter Elijah Joseph Pickard-Aguilar was 29 years old on the night he died from hypothermia behind a strip mall in Medford. Pickard-Aguilar was homeless and the temperature on the night of his death was in the 20s. Police have ruled out “foul play” and have concluded that his death was “accidental.” This means that Pickard-Aguilar wasn’t poisoned, hit over the head, shot, or stabbed. His death was not the result of a single discrete act by a readily identifiable individual. But when all is said and done, neglect and indifference has proven to be no less …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees