When families get together anything can happen. This Christmas holiday was a prime example. Planning and preparing meals for 20 people for a week is a daunting task. To make it easier, we divide up the meals, and because our children are now young adults, we have begun assigning each of them a meal as well. My 25-year-old nephew, Chad, is a bit quirky, but the aroma of sautéing onions, peppers and simmering beer sausage was reassuring as we gathered in my sister’s spacious home in the Sisters area. On the other hand, a peek at the table décor should …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees