George Sandberg walked into the shop at 8 Tuesday morning, tossed his keys to Jay Taylor and said, “I’ll be back.” Sandberg, a Roseburg area rancher, trusted Taylor and his crew at Gene’s Brake & Alignment to take care of his vehicle. The rancher has been taking his rigs to the shop at 1540 N.E. Diamond Lake Blvd., Roseburg, for close to 25 years. “He treats you like you’re a friend,” Sandberg said of the 59-year-old Taylor. “He takes time out to listen, to understand what the problem is and then to get it fixed in a timely manner. He’s …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees