REEDSPORT — Reedsport has been passed over as the site for a wave energy research center based at Oregon State University. Newport will be home to the Northwest National Marine Renewable Energy Center, the university announced Monday. The center announced in September that Newport and Reedsport were the finalists for the $25 million center, the first grid-connected wave energy test site in the United States. The center chose Newport for multiple reasons, including the central coast city’s higher profile, site coordinator Kaety Hildenbrand said today. “External reviewers felt that from competing on a global market place, Newport would give us …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees