The media has recently been filled with speculation that the apparent increase in incidents of mass violence in America is the result of more widespread use of psychiatric medications. The blame falls primarily on antidepressants, such as Prozac and others of the type called SSRIs. Could antidepressants be responsible for the seeming increase in violence, murder and suicide? The Dutch keep wonderful medical records. The analyses of records compiled over many years in the Netherlands have been the basis of many studies of how populations are affected by medical problems and how well certain treatments work. A paper recently published …
Mental health: Do SSRIs cause violence?
- Arts & Entertainment: Roseburg band Hemlock Lane seeks path to success
- Death Notices for May 23, 2013
- Anne Creighton Blodgett: I ditched sugar (to lose that baby weight!)
- Roseburg report stopping driver speeding at more than 100 mph, find marijuana
- California teenager in critical condition after highway crash near Myrtle Creek