Houdeks enjoy 50th together Dennis and Diane Houdek commemorated their 50th anniversary with an intimate family gathering at the coast, attended by all the immediate family. They have also planned an Alaskan cruise for later in the year. Diane Faust of Vermontville, Mich., married Dennis Houdek of Covert, Mich., on Dec. 22, 1962. The wedding took place at the Vermontville Congregational Church. A graduate of Michigan State University, Dennis taught high school architectural drafting, metals and auto shop. He later worked for Chevrolet Motor Division in Service and Sales, then for the General Motors Training Center as an instructor. Dennis …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees