A committee exploring management options for the Oregon & California Railroad trust lands finished its work Tuesday without coming up with a recommendation for Oregon Gov. John Kitzhaber. Instead, Tom Tuchman, Kitzhaber’s forest adviser, will distill major concepts discussed since October by the 14-member committee into a report to assist Kitzhaber in drafting a proposal for Congress. The report will include comments from the panel’s discussions, along with the research results and an analysis by forestry professors Norm Johnson of Oregon State University and Jerry Franklin of the University of Washington, said Douglas County Commissioner Doug Robertson, who sat on …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees