A New York woman with extensive nonprofit agency experience and a background in serving the poor will take over as the Ford Family Foundation president and CEO beginning May 15. Anne Kubisch, 57, will succeed Norm Smith, who will retire after 16 years leading the Roseburg-based foundation. She was hired after a lengthy nationwide search, the foundation’s board chairman Ron Parker said. “We thought it would be good to have someone who knew Oregon, but she emerged as the most qualified,” he said. The Ford Family Foundation was impressed with Kubisch’s work with the nonprofit organization The Aspen Institute, Parker …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees