Roseburg High School’s drama program is putting a new spin on Shakespeare’s famous play “Hamlet” when students perform “Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead” at 7 p.m. Jan. 31 through Feb. 2 in the Rose Theatre at Roseburg High School, 400 W. Harvard Ave., Roseburg. The play centers on Rosencrantz and Guildenstern, a pair of schoolmates and childhood friends of Hamlet in the original play. The drama of “Hamlet” unfolds through their eyes. Hamlet, Ophelia, and other main characters in “Hamlet” make periodic appearances in the play. Tickets are available at the door and are $5 for regular admission and $4 …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees