WINSTON — For more than 25 years, Pamela Moore has driven a school bus for the Winston-Dillard School District. “I have kids that I tell I’m their ‘grand driver’ because I drove their parents to school,” she said. Moore, who is also the president of the Winston-Dillard chapter of the Oregon School Employees Association, said she doubts the district will find that commitment if it contracts out bus services. “One of our bus drivers said, ‘You either have to retire or die to leave the district,’” she said. Faced with a tight budget, the district is putting together a request …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees