VA Cemetery needs walkway “The flowers on the fence are for you, Mom and Dad. Sorry, it is the best I can do.” The parking lot at the Veteran’s Cemetery in Roseburg is still in need of repair. Yes, it is a mess trying to get in and out of your car in the mud. Yet my plight is a little more personal. With the changes to the entrance, I am having a hard time placing flowers on the grave of my parents. One gate is now located way down by the river, while the other is by the caretaker’s …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees