Following her six-month hitch as interim city manager for Roseburg — the second time she’s filled the job on a temporary basis — City Recorder Sheila Cox expressed no regrets at ceding the job to the new top administrator. It felt, Cox said earlier this month, as if “1,000 pounds just got lifted off my shoulders.” The shift in weight appears to sit lightly on the man who shouldered the poundage in November. Lance Colley, who was chosen from a field of 58 applicants and five finalists to replace Eric Swanson, used words like “happy,” “glad” and “positive” in a …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees