Three men were rescued from a drift boat Friday after it got caught on a rock near Dixon Falls on the North Umpqua River east of Winchester, according to the Douglas County Sheriff’s Office. The men were fishing when their boat got stuck around 11:45 a.m. on a part of the river near the end of Sunshine Road, sheriff’s Cpl. Noel Garcia said. The boat was taking in a lot of water, had turned sideways and was about to sink when rescuers arrived, he said. All three men were rescued from the boat, which was left in the river, Garcia …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees