The Roseburg girls were hoping they would catch South Medford at the right time Tuesday night. The Panthers, after all, returned home late Monday from Stockton, Calif., where they played in the MLK Showcase. They lost to St. Mary’s of Stockton, 84-71, finishing 0-2 in the tournament. But the No. 2-ranked Panthers — the defending Class 6A state champions — jumped on the No. 10 Indians early with their defensive pressure and took a 12-point lead after one quarter. South weathered a couple of Roseburg runs the rest of the way, taking a 73-63 Southern Oregon Hybrid win at Robertson …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees