MEDFORD — It took three overtimes Tuesday night to decide first place in the Southern Oregon Hybrid league. When it was finally over, the Roseburg High boys basketball team had succumbed to its struggles at South Medford again, dropping a 73-66 thriller in which both teams watched a win slip through their hands more than once. “The kids battled, but we just couldn’t convert,” Roseburg coach Craig Stinnett said. “It became a game of attrition at the end and they won it.” Neither team led by more than a possession in the first two overtimes, but the Panthers scored the …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees