A 31-year-old Roseburg man who accidentally shot himself while high on methamphetamine was sentenced to 17 months in prison Wednesday for possessing the handgun that went off into his leg. Jacy Kevin McManus, a convicted felon, also got 24 months on parole at his sentencing in Douglas County Circuit Court for the weapons charge, which stemmed from the June handgun mishap. His parents were in court for Judge George Ambrosini’s ruling. “I know his record is extensive,” Camille McManus told Ambrosini prior to her son’s sentencing. “But he has been making progress, and we’re real proud of him.” She told …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees