Roseburg Disposal LOCATION: 835 S.E. Sheridan St., Roseburg MISSION STATEMENT: “Provide the finest waste disposal and recycling services.” HISTORY: The company was started in 1932 by brothers Norm and Orville “Noisy” John. Their parents, Matilda and Charles John, owned the Roseburg Hotel (the building is now the Roseburg Mission) and the sons worked in the kitchen of the hotel’s restaurant. But they wanted more work and started Roseburg Garbage. They charged $1 a month to pick up garbage twice a week. That same year, the brothers purchased property in a drainage south of Mount Nebo and turned it into a …
Homegrown in Douglas County: Roseburg Disposal Co.
- Arts & Entertainment: Roseburg band Hemlock Lane seeks path to success
- Death Notices for May 23, 2013
- Anne Creighton Blodgett: I ditched sugar (to lose that baby weight!)
- Roseburg report stopping driver speeding at more than 100 mph, find marijuana
- California teenager in critical condition after highway crash near Myrtle Creek