Roseburg Disposal LOCATION: 835 S.E. Sheridan St., Roseburg MISSION STATEMENT: “Provide the finest waste disposal and recycling services.” HISTORY: The company was started in 1932 by brothers Norm and Orville “Noisy” John. Their parents, Matilda and Charles John, owned the Roseburg Hotel (the building is now the Roseburg Mission) and the sons worked in the kitchen of the hotel’s restaurant. But they wanted more work and started Roseburg Garbage. They charged $1 a month to pick up garbage twice a week. That same year, the brothers purchased property in a drainage south of Mount Nebo and turned it into a …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees