Melissa Smith has resigned from the Roseburg City Council, creating a vacancy that former councilor Mike Baker, who gave up his seat to run for mayor, said today he will seek to fill. Smith, who has served on the council since September 2011, said her husband, Ryan Smith, has been transferred to Texas by his employer, FCC Furniture. The Smiths plan to move at the end of February. “Obviously, I’m sad to leave. This is my home, and I was born and raised here. I really love it, but it’s a really exciting opportunity for our family. It’s a really …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees