A tree fell and struck a pickup Wednesday morning north of Loon Lake. The incident happened at about 9 a.m. on Loon Lake Road, about a mile north of Highway 38. A fir tree on rain-soaked ground gave way and as it fell tipped over several alder and maple trees, said Tim Rummel, a division manager for the Douglas County Public Works Department. No one was injured when the tree fell on the pickup, which sustained serious damage, Rummel said. “It hit the pickup and turned it sideways,” he said. Loon Lake Road was blocked for about a half-hour while …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees