Luis Haro unloads groceries Thursday donated by Sherm’s Thunderbird to United Community Action Network in Roseburg. This is the sixth year Sherm’s has provided a semitruck full of food and household products to UCAN, according to Steve Rolston, manager of the Roseburg market. Rolston said the food weighed in at about 33,700 pounds, similar to Sherm’s corporate donations to nonprofit agencies in Medford and Klamath Falls. Rolston said the company sets aside items people can use right away, such as soups, noodles and bath tissue. …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees