Voter supports Sheriff Hanlin Much has been said and contended about Sheriff Hanlin’s recent statements. Most of what was said via editorial letters has been misquoted. Sheriff Hanlin’s letter to Vice President Biden never said “... wanted no role in enforcing new federal gun laws.” (The News-Review, Feb. 3 Public Forum). What he did say in his letter was that he will not permit the enforcement of any unconstitutional regulations or orders by federal officers within the borders of Douglas County. The key words are “unconstitutional regulations.” He is not talking about defying the laws of the land, but rather …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees