An April trial was set Monday for a Tenmile man accused of attempting to murder a woman by clubbing her in the head with a baseball bat. Marcus Anthony Toler, 50, pleaded not guilty to attempted murder, first-degree assault and kidnapping. Circuit Judge George Ambrosini set his trial for April 23. According to court records, detectives suspect Toler was furious with the 53-year-old victim because she used his bank card and spent about $3,800 while he was in jail. Toler allegedly hit the woman with a baseball bat, wrapped her in an inflatable pool and put her in a pickup. …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees