The Glide girls basketball team scored its biggest win of the season last Friday at Coquille. The Wildcats hope there are more of those to come. The Wildcats (15-6, 4-1 Sunset League), guided by first-year head coach Brannon Smith, locked up a spot in the Class 3A state playoffs with a 38-30 victory over the Red Devils. Glide won two of three games from Coquille (15-6, 3-2) during the regular season and holds the tiebeaker should the two clubs tie in the final league standings. Glide hosts Gold Beach tonight and visits Reedsport Friday in nonleague contests, then hosts Bandon …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees