ELKTON — For the third straight year, the Elkton boys basketball team owns a league championship. Junior wing Colton Maxwell went off for a career-high 30 points on Tuesday and the Elks put away Yoncalla 59-43 to clinch at least a share of the Skyline League title. Tracey Doudna kicked in 14 points and Brandon Bowen nine for Elkton (16-6 overall, 9-1 Skyline), which was coming off of its lone league loss against Camas Valley. Freshman Zack Van Loon scored 12 points and Jalen Walton 11 for the Eagles (5-18, 2-9), who started fast with a five-point lead in the …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees