The Douglas County Clerk’s Office has vacated its second-floor office and consolidated its operations one floor down. The office already supervised elections and archived county records downstairs. Staff reductions made maintaining two offices impossible, County Clerk Patty Hitt said. With Hitt and her six employees in one office, staff members will be trained to handle all the tasks undertaken by the office, she said. “It will make us much more efficient by having everyone cross-trained and on one floor,” Hitt said. For decades, the clerk’s recording office, where marriage licenses, property deeds and liens were recorded, was on the courthouse’s …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees