Dear Reader, Things change. The street in front of my house has been a detour road for more than a year and a half. City construction deadlines have been missed, then reset, and reset again, and yet again — and still the traffic, which should be flowing on the street where crews are working on the bridge, keeps driving down my street instead. Honking cars, lines and lines of cars backed up early in the morning and late in the afternoon when people get off work, semitrucks rumbling down my street taking low-lying tree branches along with them, frequent firetrucks …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees