A request for $30,000 to help fund a study on building a private health sciences college in Roseburg will be presented again Monday to city councilors, whose noncommittal stance two weeks ago disappointed Mercy Medical Center CEO Kelly Morgan. The City Council heard a presentation from Morgan two weeks ago, but delayed a decision. Councilors said they wanted to know more about how the city’s money would be spent. Morgan said he was surprised by the council’s hesitation. A health sciences college holds out the potential to revive Douglas County’s flagging economy, he said. “I did not sense an enthusiastic …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees