ROSEBURG Driver arrested after chase A motorcyclist who claimed he reached speeds of 183 mph on Interstate 5 and 142 mph on Garden Valley Boulevard during a 45-minute run from police got a less rapid ride to Douglas County Jail early Monday morning. Jeffrey Brian Engebretson, 23, of Grants Pass was arrested at 12:28 a.m. after sliding out on a gravel portion of Hubbard Creek Road less than a mile after leaving the paved portion of the road, police said. He was found in the woods nearby. Oregon State Police officials said that at 11:44 p.m. Sunday, a trooper at …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees