GLENDALE — The third-ranked Oakland boys basketball team showed Tuesday it has no plans to slow down heading into the postseason. In a season full of high-scoring quarters, the Oakers dropped off their most high-octane yet with the Pirates, putting up a 35-spot in the second quarter on their way to completing a perfect Mountain View Conference regular season with an 85-33 win over Glendale. Austin Nix had team-highs of 15 points and seven rebounds for the Oakers (19-5 overall, 12-0 MVC). Connor Dolan scored 12 points, Roy Benzel 12, Austin Baimbridge 10 and Colton Reber made seven assists. Freshman …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees