A Winston man accused of breaking into a woman’s home and raping her on New Year’s Eve pleaded not guilty Wednesday to five felony charges. Donald Glenn Andrews, 42, also sought to be released from jail pending his trial for burglary and rape, but Douglas County Circuit Judge Frances Burge denied the request, citing the nature of the crime. Andrews, who said through his attorney he “strongly denies” the allegations and intends to fight them at trial, remains in the Douglas County Jail, where he has been since his arrest Jan. 31. His bail was kept at $750,000. Burge decided …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees