Have gun sense, not rhetoric As a gun owner since age 14 when I was presented a .22 rifle by my father, I am appalled by the paranoia and lack of intelligent reasoning expressed by gun owners in Letters to the Editor. Particularly offensive was the statement by the Douglas County sheriff saying that he anticipates “armed revolution” should any gun control laws be enacted. This kind of incendiary rhetoric coming from someone who holds an influential position in local government does nothing to promote reasonable debate. It only adds to the paranoia by creating more hatred and misunderstanding. At …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees