Sam Gross is a veteran succeeding in the small business world. The 33-year-old owns Logger’s Gourmet Pizza in Roseburg. After almost four years in business, the 1997 Roseburg High School graduate is seriously considering opening a second pizza restaurant. He’s also the CEO of DailyGathering.com, a free website scheduled to go live next month, where small businesses will showcase products and services. He had the desire, vision and family support to successfully enter business after 14 years in the U.S. Army, but many veterans are struggling to find satisfying employment. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, there were nearly …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees