Nearly extinct bird is rampant I find it absolutely amazing that the spotted owl is becoming extinct, yet when anyone wants to work in the woods, North, South, East or West, the conservationists say you can’t work there because you will disturb the spotted owl; they seem to be everywhere. Everything has it’s time and after more than 20 years of trying to save the owl, which has done nothing for humanity except put families out of work and out of their homes, I think it’s time to say, “Bye Bye, Birdie.” The same goes for the marbled murrelet; either …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees