WINCHESTER — Losing ex-Yoncalla standout Hayley Reynolds to a torn ACL in the Lane game on Jan. 23 was a huge blow to the Umpqua Community College women’s basketball team, which is attempting to advance to the Northwest Athletic Association of Community Colleges tournament without its leading scorer and rebounder. The Riverhawks beat a team they were supposed to Wednesday night, building a 31-point lead before settling for an 84-69 victory over Linn-Benton of Albany in the UCC gym. The win, coupled with Southwestern Oregon’s loss to Lane, moved Umpqua (16-8, 6-5 South) into fourth place in the league race …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees