The Roseburg School Board has identified four elementary schools as the most likely to be considered for closure next school year. Board members discussed the pros and cons during a work session Wednesday of closing either Green, Rose, Melrose or Fir Grove. Although an advisory committee recommended closing Rose or Green to make up for declining enrollment and a budget shortfall, the board decided to also consider Melrose and Fir Grove. The board agreed last month to shut down a school next school year, which could save up to $426,800 a year, according to district officials. District administrators came prepared …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees