PORTLAND Musician earns national honor Glide High School musician Sara Engle was selected to perform last weekend at the National Association for Music Education Northwest Division Conference in Portland. Engle played the flute in the wind symphony, one of the bands, orchestras and choirs that performed at the conference. More than 1,000 high school musicians from Alaska, Idaho, Montana, Oregon and Washington were selected through auditions to attend the Feb. 14-17 conference. At the conference, Engle and other student musicians rehearsed and performed in concert under the direction of well-known conductors. The event is managed by the Washington Music Educators …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees