WINCHESTER — When Hayley Reynolds went down with a torn ACL in her right knee during the first half of a Southern Region game with Lane on Jan. 23, the Umpqua Community College women’s basketball team lost its heart and soul. The Riverhawks were in the hunt for the league title at the time, but without the 5-foot-10 Reynolds — a former all-state player for Yoncalla High — they haven’t been the same, faring 3-5, and are just hoping to get the South’s fourth and final berth for the upcoming Northwest Athletic Association of Community Colleges tournament. Reynolds, one of …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees