Thursday Douglas County sheriff 12:08 a.m. — A caller in a trailer park near the intersection of Conrad Street and Cook Street in Myrtle Creek reported hearing neighbors yelling and throwing things. 7:37 a.m. — A person near Milepost 204 of U.S. Highway 101 in Gardiner reported being passed by a purple Mustang traveling about 90 mph. 7:46 a.m. — A caller reported that a speeder nearly hit her daughter waiting at a bus stop near the junction of Dyke Road and Church Street in Dillard. 8:07 a.m. — More than 30 goats were loose on U.S. Highway 99 about …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees