The Oregon Heritage Commission named Roseburg the third Heritage All-Star Community in the state Monday. Cottage Grove and Albany are the only other cities that have received the award, which recognizes cities for their commitment to preserving historic sites and documents. “We’re excited. It’s a great honor to be recognized for the community’s efforts at preservation,” Roseburg Community Development Director Brian Davis said. Kuri Gill, outreach coordinator for the commission, said the award comes with benefits. The state parks department will help Roseburg maintain its heritage through grants and workshops. Roseburg will also receive signs, a logo for marketing and …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees