OAKLAND — The Oakland girls basketball team is headed back to Pendleton — the site of the Class 2A state tournament. The Oakers overcame a poor offensive first half, outscoring Knappa 25-13 over the final two quarters to take a 36-24 win at the Nut House Saturday in a playoff game. Jesse Herbert led Oakland (21-4) with 11 points, converting three of four free throws. Brooke Spencer hit a pair of 3-point field goals and added nine points and six steals, while Cora Gallop had seven points and seven steals. Kristi Fank scored nine points for the Loggers (16-12). “Defense …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees