WINSTON — A couple known for their tireless involvement in community activities was honored Monday evening as Winston’s First Citizens. Kathy and Ron Lawrence, who work together as docents at Wildlife Safari, serve as members of the RiverBend Live! organizing committee, the Douglas High School Loft program and helped with the renovation of the Winston Community Park tennis courts as part of the Ford Leadership Program, were feted as female and male First Citizens. “They’re both outstanding residents,” Mayor Sharon Harrison said. Alwine Bauer received the Humanitarian Award, the Winston-Dillard Festival Association was presented the Civic Award and Eric Wilson …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees