WINSTON — When Jim and Betty Fortino were ready to retire from their Coast to Coast hardware store, they mentioned their plans to one of their former employees. Sharon and Ken Harrison gave the business possibility some thought and decided to make the purchase, completing the deal with the Fortinos in July 1991. Sharon Harrison had previously worked in the store from 1980 to 1984, and the Harrisons had remained friends with the Fortinos. The Harrisons realized they were buying the business at a tough time, but believed they could make a difference in owning and operating the store at …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees