Rain contributed to a head-on collision on Oregon Highway 42 in western Douglas County on Wednesday evening, according to the Oregon State Police. At about 6:20 p.m., Edeltraud Tye, 64, was driving a car east near Slater Creek Road in the rain about nine miles west of Camas Valley. The vehicle in front of her braked suddenly, Tye braked and lost control of the vehicle, entering the westbound lane and crashing into a SUV driven by Darrell Dean Keifer, 60, police said. Keifer’s wife, Joan Keifer, 57, was taken to Coquille Valley Hospital with broken bones. Keifer, 60, broke a …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees