DRAIN — A man who told investigators he wanted a “fresh start” was in custody today on suspicion of burning down his house at 424 Krewson Drive, north of Drain. John David Colburn, 45, of Drain was arrested Sunday night and booked into the Douglas County Jail on suspicion of first-degree arson and violating a restraining order. He was held in lieu of $425,000 bail. A sheriff’s deputy driving on Krewson Drive at 10:50 p.m. reported seeing flames coming from Colburn’s house. As the deputy approached the house, he encountered Colburn walking down the driveway. Colburn told the deputy he …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees