Spring is a happy season, with nature waking up from its winter slumber and gracing the landscape with new leaves on trees and colorful flowers popping up everywhere. But suppose you were homebound and in frail health? A friendly face at your door could make all the difference. You could be that friendly face, with a cheerful greeting that can brighten a lonely person’s life. The Senior Companion program is looking for volunteers to interact with homebound clients, take them shopping, to doctor’s appointments or just visit them. There’s a tax-free stipend for those who qualify. Call Berta at 541-40-3520 …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees