CORVALLIS — The Sutherlin boys basketball team bounced back from a quarterfinal loss Tuesday night, getting a career-high 39 points from senior Taler Jensen in a 70-59 win over Gladstone today in a consolation semifinal game of the Class 4A state tournament at Gill Coliseum. Sophomore Noah Caillier added 18 points for the Bulldogs (20-8), who will face Far West League rival North Bend (21-3) at 10:45 a.m. Saturday for fourth place. Ryun Gibson had 18 points for Gladstone (14-11), which was eliminated from the tournament. For a complete game story and statistics, see Thursday’s print edition of The News-Review. …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees