CORVALLIS — Sutherlin’s championship hopes were dashed with a 66-56 loss to La Grande in the semifinals of the OSAA Class 4A girls basketball tournament Thursday night at Gill Coliseum. The Tigers (22-5) made 30 of 40 free throws and advance to Friday night’s championship game against Mazama (26-2). Freshman Kayce Mock had 14 points and nine rebounds, Ricki Mock 13 points and six assists, and Miranda Mendenhall 12 points and seven boards for Sutherlin (26-1), which will face Cascade for third place at 1:30 p.m. Friday. For a complete game story and statistics, see Friday’s print edition of The …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees