Age 93, of Sutherlin, Oregon, passed away Monday, March 4, 2013, at her home. She was born August 1, 1919, in Calgary, Alberta, Canada, to John and Edith Young. Arlene lived in Calabasas, California, Mtn. View, California and Seattle, Washington, prior to moving to Sutherlin in 1998. She enjoyed snow skiing, traveling in their motor home and most of all she enjoyed being with her children. Arlene was a member of the Seventh-Day Adventist Church in Sutherlin. Survivors include her husband, of 77 years Melvin Horsmann; daughters: Myrna Solmi and her husband Gary; Rae Johnson and her husband Park; six grandchildren; nine great-grandchildren; and one great-great-grandchild. Arlene was preceded in death by her parents and brothers Bert and Jack. A memorial service will held Saturday, March 9, 2013, at 4 p.m. at the Seventh-Day Adventist Church in Sutherlin. Pastor Ben Bilan will officiate. Private inurnment will be within the grounds of Valley View Cemetery in Sutherlin. The family would like to thank Home Sweet Home and Kimberly Young for Arlene’s care. Please visit www.sutherlinchapeloftherosesfh.com to sign the online guest book and to leave the family fond memories and condolences. Sutherlin Chapel of the Roses is in charge of arrangements.
- Roseburg woman nearly hits 1-year-old with hammer
- Missing Myrtle Creek man found dead by Coos County Sheriff's Office
- Ten juveniles cited at weekend house party in Roseburg
- Police log: Woman's Eugene-based 'shrink' attempting to steal her home
- Oregon State Police asking for help with elk poaching case in Douglas County