The streets will be swarming with people dressed as leprechauns Saturday evening for the 15th annual St. Paddy’s Day Pub Crawl in downtown Roseburg. The tradition started when a group of friends got together on St. Patrick’s Day to see how many pubs they could visit during the night’s celebration. The group had such a good time they decided to make it an annual event that now benefits the Taylor/Hatfield Memorial Youth Fund. This year’s celebration has grown to 14 bars, pubs and taverns. The establishments will open their doors to “crawlers” who will wander around downtown. New this year, …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees