Gone are the proven big-meet competitors. Roseburg begins the 2013 track and field season with two returning district champions and another who is back out after winning a Southwest Conference title three years ago as freshman. But the Indians carry plenty of youth on their roster and sixth-year head coach Brian Cuilty is curious to see how they progress this spring. “Our girls team is as young as it has ever been,” said Cuilty, who had over 130 kids turn out. “What we have, especially with the younger kids, is promising. We’ve got enough talent spread out where we’ll be …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees